Monday, January 4, 2010

The Word of the Lord

For the past thirty-five years I have tried to follow Christ. Imperfectly. Sometimes I feel like the blind leading the blind. Others times God's leading is crystal clear. In the past two weeks I believe God has given me three words to lead me into and guide me through 2010.

Jeremiah 33:3 (NASB) - "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and mighty things which you do not know."

Luke 1:66 (ESV) - "For the hand of the Lord was upon him."

John 3:30 (ESV) - "He must increase but I must decrease."

Jeremiah is calling me to a year of prayer. Luke struck me with a desire for the hand of the Lord to rest up me. And John convicts me of my self-centeredness and tells me it is all about Jesus, not me.

Prayer. My need of God's hand and blessing. Pointing to Jesus.

God desires to move me into a deeper prayer life. I am collecting a list of needs, concerns, challenges, and dreams to aid the cause. The hand of the Lord upon me is a necessity. I can't if God doesn't. And it's time I find ways like never before to point others to Jesus even as I let John point me to Jesus.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment